If you suspect a Carbon-Monoxide leak, you need to act quickly and take the following steps:
- Get fresh air immediately - open all doors and windows to ventilate the area.
- Switch off the appliance. Do not use it again until it has been checked by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- Turn off the gas supply at the mains.
- Call the National Gas Emergency number – 0800 111 999 (If you're deaf or hard of hearing, you can use a textphone (Minicom) on 0800 371 787). Please note: This number is for England, Scotland and Wales –
- If you are feeling unwell visit your GP or hospital immediately and inform them that you may have been exposed to carbon monoxide.
- Contact a Gas Safe registered engineer to check and fix the appliance.
If you require a Gas Safe Registered engineer to investigate your suspected Carbon-monoxide leak, then please call:
01642 284034 or 07421353327