Gas Fire Servicing
When was the last time your gas fire was serviced?
Did you know around 30 people a year die from carbon-monoxide-poisoning?
Fires, can pose a high risk when it comes to carbon-monoxide-poisoning, if they are not serviced regularly. This is because a fire is an open flued appliance which takes air from the room to help the gas burn. This means if the fire is not burning correctly or the flue/chimney is blocked the fumes can come back into the room where the fire is situated.
What symtoms will Carbon-Monoixde cause?
The six main symptoms to look out for:
- loss of consciousness
A short video about Carbon-Monoixde poisoning.
For more information on Carbon-Monoixde click here.
On a service I will do the following:
- I will make sure the fire is installed correctly in accordance with the manufactures instructions and relevant gas regulations.
- I will remove the fire (When possible) to check the fire catchment space and do a visual check on the chimney.
- I will do a flue flow test using a smoke pellet, this will test the integrity of the chimney and make sure it has terminated correctly.
- I will visually check your loft space to make sure the chimney has not leaked any smoke into it from the flue flow test- smoke pellet test.
- I will clean the fire, including coals and burner.
- Make sure the fire is burning correctly.
- Check the gas pressure is correct at the fire, if not, adjust. (when possible)
- Gas Rate the appliance to make sure it is using the correct amount of gas.
I strongly recommend anyone with an open flued fire to install a carbon monoxide alarm.
To book your fire service call 01642 284034 or 07421353327