Customer Basic Checks, before calling an engineer
These are basic checks which you can do yourself, only if you feel confident to do so.
- Do you have gas at another gas appliance? Try your Gas fire or cooker.
- Is your electric on? Check the sockets nearest to the boiler.
- Has the fuse blown in the fuse spur, for the boiler? Replace with a 3amp fuse only!
- Set your timer to constant for heating and hot water.
- Turn your thermostat to its maximum setting.
- If you have a combi boiler or pressurised system, does the pressure gauge read between 1 and 1.5 bar? If not, repressurise system. See useful videos for guidance.
- Note down any fault codes which maybe displayed on the boiler and any symptoms your heating system is having. (banging noises, hot water going hot then cold etc).
- The more information the better.
If all the above steps fail, then please call me, I will be happy to help.
01642 284034 or 07421353327